CLI ?

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Mon Apr 26 18:04:32 CEST 2010

On 26.4.2010 17:50, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Arnold Nipper <arnold at nipper.de> wrote on 2010/04/26 17:40:51:
>> On 26.04.2010 17:06 Joakim Tjernlund wrote
>>
>>> OK, but it would be handy if I could config log files from there.
>>>

>> BIRD is like a racing car whereas you are talking about a Mercedes-Benz
>> S-type ... you see the difference?
>
> :)
>
> Seriously, is there any fundamental reason one cannot configure
> all aspects from a CLI(I am assuming that no one has cared enough to impl. it in BIRD CLI yet)?

I am afraid it would be very complicated to write things like:
---
function bgp_out(int peeras)
{
  if ! (source = RTS_BGP ) then return false;
  if (0,peeras) ~ bgp_community then return false;
  if (myas,peeras) ~ bgp_community then return true;
  if (0, myas) ~ bgp_community then return false;
  return true;
}
---