bug found: as-path prepending

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wh at univie.ac.at
Fri Sep 18 10:08:46 CEST 2009

On 18.09.2009, at 09:03, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:42:21PM +0200, Wolfgang Hennerbichler
> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I found a bug which crashes bird;
>> It seems to be sufficient to use this import filter in a pipe:
>>  import filter { if source=RTS_BGP then bgp_path.prepend(1); };
>> this crashes my bird (amd64). Does it crash yours, too?
>
> Fixed in development version.

Great, thanks.

> If you want, i can send you the patch.
> Or you could just swap ends on the pipe, as the problem is specific
> to import filters of pipe and prepending in export filter of pipe
> should be OK.

I don't need the patch yet, will be OOO for the next 3 weeks, my hope
is that you will release a new version when I return :)

good news: I have configured bird so far that I consider it's features
sufficient (meaning it does everything we want) for the vienna
internet exchange. If we get rid of those little bugs (and once I'm
done stress testing) bird will go into production hopefully by the end
of this year in Austria. Yay!

wolfgang

--
www.vix.at | www.aco.net