how to set priority of routers in ospf

Martin Kraus martin.kraus at wujiman.net
Tue Oct 27 19:21:54 CET 2009

Hello. I'm running ospf from a router against two other routers on the same
ethernet segment. Those two routers a both capable of routing given prefixes,
but I prefer one of them to do the actual routing and use the other one as a
backup router in case of emergencies. How can I set such a preference? I
thought of using ospf_metric2, but it is supposed to work only when
ospf_metric1 isn't set, which is (checked using show route all).
For some reason the configuration does what I need, but I can't figure out
why. Could anyone shed some light on this?

thanks
mk