bgp soft reconfiguration inbound

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Tue Nov 24 16:12:35 CET 2009

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> On Mo, 23.11.2009, 18:09, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
>> It was clear for me. I checked route refresh specification and it
>> seems to be pretty easy to implement (at least 'the requesting side'
>> of it), therefore i hope we can implement it soon.
> wooohoooo, great news, thank you so much!

Agreed. :-)

My requirement for this - both at the ISP level and the IXP route server
level is :

 - I can using my own script, rebuild filters every day, against an RPSL
database.
 - I want, without resetting sessions, to replay the prefixes available
over a session and test them against the new session.

On Cisco/Juniper, I do this exactly as Wolfgang describes, i.e. change the
filter config and then clear soft the session.  The router then makes a
route-refresh call to the peer, has the peer replay the prefixes, and my
new filters become enforced.

Thanks
Andy