unequal cost load balancing?

KORN Andras korn-birdusers at elan.rulez.org
Thu Nov 26 00:54:15 CET 2009

Hi,

we have a 5Mbps symmetric microwave uplink with one static IP and a /30
subnet. We're contemplating getting an additional ADSL connection to serve
as backup. If the ISP cooperates, is there a way for me to load-balance and
fail over between these two connections using BIRD? If so, how?

(The DSL connection would obviously be asymmetric; the downstream direction
would probably be a lot faster than 5Mbps, whereas the upstream direction
would probably be somewhat slower.)

Thanks!

Andras

--
 Andras Korn <korn at elan.rulez.org> - <http://chardonnay.math.bme.hu/~korn/>
  It's best to be at the centre of things - then you get in everybody's way.