Filter examples

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sun Nov 1 15:06:11 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:13:22PM +0000, openbsd misc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm investigating Bird  and I'm interested in seeing some more
> examples of filters
> I'm looked at test.conf and I'd rather see some real world filters,
> stuff that people typically do, change local pref for example.

Changing local pref is simple:

import filter { bgp_local_pref = 100; accept; };

Other examples are scattered in user's guide.

Some sophisticated BGP filter examples are here:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-59/presentations/filip-bird.pdf

> Can anyone help with examples or pointers to more filter examples.

I wanted to suggest to googling archive of this mailing list, but it
seems that mailing list archive does not exist or is well hidden. :-(