Does BIRD support multiple processes?

Jorge Gomez jorge1981 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:40:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

Some years ago I did exactly what you need by using virtual machines on my
Ubuntu system. I used the "user mode-linux" software (UML, but not the
modeling languaje!) to start n linux on my laptop, and then I just had to
connect their "virtual" interfaces to create simple and more complex netwoks
(playing with the route tables, etc...). I had to do that because, as you
said, you can't start multiple BIRD sessions on the same linux.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jorge.

--