Newbie Help

christfer at 163.com christfer at 163.com
Mon Feb 11 05:13:14 CET 2008

Hello,
      Now I can start the BIRD router successfully,and can see many attributes.Now I want to do the BGP experiments ,the topology is as follow:
|VPN1|
         \                                                                  /|VPN1|
            \                                                           /
                \  |BIRD router 1|-----|BIRD router 2|/
     |VPN2|                                                         |VPN2|
I do experiment and know BIRD can support mutiple route table,Now I have three questions:
1) Can I use two different indepandent table in one BIRD router and realize the above experiment?
2)How does BIRD router 1 transfer the route messages to BIRD router 2 if the two routers both have two indepandent route tables?
3)If the two route table in the same router have the same route,how it trassit the route to other routers?To add other identifier in BIRD protocol?

I am eager to know the answers and also want to learn form you ,hope to receive from you .
Thanks!