Even more patches

Otto Solares solca at guug.org
Mon Aug 25 22:34:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 09:45:53PM +0200, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> Otto Solares wrote:

> >> Yes, but quite slowly. I have a set of patches for BGP. I have not
> >> test them yet. And I am preparing on a testing environment for me to
> >> have faster responses. :-)
> >
> > Excellent!
> >
> >> And of course my very long long term plan is to rewrite RIP and
> >> implement OSPFv3.
> >>
> >> Do you have some feature request?
> >
> > MD5 connections for BGP is the only thing missing for me now that is
> > supported upstream in the kernel.
>
> Well, I have the code ready. It was written by one student a part of
> his thesis. But since it was not tested properly, I am waiting for the
> test bed setup. So I hope, I will include it quite soon (means 1 month
> or so).

Don't forget to announce to the ML as I don't track bird repositories
(or I'm not aware of it existance).

> > I'm currently using Bird in Debian Etch with a 2.6.26.3 kernel and it
> > works perfectly, the killer app is the multiple kernel tables support,
> > altough I just use it for BGP (global + Internet2 huge tables + IPv6).
>
> Don't you have any issues with stability?

Now is very stable for like a year, in the early testing when I was
migrating from Quagga I had a lot of segfaults and issues which I
corrected with the patches I post to the debian bugs and with the
attached hacks.

-otto