Some patches

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Aug 25 11:05:00 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:44:17AM +0200, Martin Mares wrote:
> > The second patch causes that 'Invalid broadcast address' error is reported
> > only once for an interface and not during every interface scan.
>
> I wonder: do we need to read the broadcast address set by ifconfig at all?
> It tends to be unreliable and I have never seen a system where the broadcast
> address is not set to the last address in the subnet.

If the broadcast address set using ifconfig is misconfigured,
the canonical one (last address in the subnet) still works?

BTW, what is the reason for this (from netlink.c:380):

      if (i->ifa_prefixlen == BITS_PER_IP_ADDRESS - 2)
        ifa.opposite = ipa_opposite(ifa.ip);

?

AFAIK /30 mask does not need special handling.

-