BGP MD5 password on bird and equivalent of "show ip bgp sum" ?

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Sun Sep 24 14:53:15 CEST 2006

Hi there.

I have finaly getting the way to make bird to work on freebsd... Was
the --enable-ipv6 that made me crazy....

So I am thinking to manage on move from OpenBGPD to bird...

Seems that bird is the most fastest alternative to OpenBGPd (same
time to get the full view on a PIII 886 machine than OpenBGPd, so
this is good), and seems to have small fingerprint about RAM usage.

A big question is :

- how to set a MD5 password on a BGP session ? This is more and more
needed on public IXes. Is there any plan for that ?
   in brief support for RFC 2385.

Another question is how to get a summary of routes announced by a
peer like the Cisco command :
show ip bgp sum

This is really usefull when trying to figure how many routes is
getting announced.

Thanks for your support.
/Xavier