Is BIRD alive ?

Scott Jennings bird-users at smj.cc
Tue Jan 31 22:57:12 CET 2006

Working here (mostly) on linux 2.4.19 kernel, debian, doing BGP4
peering, full backbone routes (presently 176,055).  It peers BGP4
with two remote routers (only one is full routes).  We gave up on
OSPF stability in bird long ago.

It's a bastardized debian running from flash, with a watchdog
that will reboot it if the routing dies.  Happens sporatically,
every month or three, sometimes more often.  It appears that this
is usually caused by a hardware or driver issue of some kind with
a Sangoma card, hence the need to reboot.

Glad.. shocked.. amazed to hear that someone might actually be
working on it!

  -smj