Troubles with getting working two BGP uplinks

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Sat Dec 6 17:44:22 CET 2003

Hello!

> We have got BIRD in production on one of our links for five months.
> And we have no troubles.
> Now we are trying to get it workin gwith 2 uplinks but have no luck.:(
>
> The new BGP neighbour sets OK but the old neighbour stops function at all.
> Diagnostics: bird: BGP: Unauthorized connect from IPADDR-PEER1 port 15590
>
> And all routes reassigned from the old peer to the new one.
> If I disabled the new peer, things comes back as before.

This one is easy: you need to define a separate protocol instance for each
neighbor. If you specify "neighbor" second time in a single instance, you just
override the previous value which leads exactly to the problem you describe.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."  -- Bill Gates, 1981