RIP authentication problem with cisco

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Tue Apr 1 21:35:02 CEST 2003

Hello!

> It seems that the auth type message field is not correctly send.
> bird send it in host order but other routers (like cisco) wants it in
> network order. So it is necessary to change the file auth.c (in proto/rip/)
> at line 132 :
> block->authtype = P_CF->authtype;
> become :
> block->authtype = htons(P_CF->authtype);

You're right, I'll fix that. (Actually, the bug is probably on some more
places because otherwise Bird wouldn't talk to itself.)

I hope I'll roll out a new release in two weeks to get the things at
least crawling if not moving :)

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
American patent law: two monkeys, fourteen days.