OSPF and IPv6

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Tue Feb 27 11:30:26 CET 2001

Hello!

> Could you please make this change in your package? I mean, when
> generating bird-ipv6 call it bird-ipv6 and make it read config file
> etc/bird-ipv6.conf and use different socket for communication with
> bird client.

Good idea, I'll do that.

> I have also got a comment about export and import keywords. I don't
> think it is a good idea to call it this way. These keywords are a part
> of protocol statement, so "export" semantic is to export routes
> originating in this protocol to routing table - you call it
> "import". It is really confusing me.

Agreed.  The problem is that the situation is completely symmetric, so any
naming you choose has to be a bit confusing -- it's the same as defining
left and right hand.

We have chosen "bird-centric" view, hence "export" means "export from
bird to the outside world" and "import" the opposite.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail.