OSPF and IPv6

David Rohleder davro at ics.muni.cz
Mon Feb 26 14:36:23 CET 2001

Ondrej Feela Filip <feela at ipex.cz> writes:

> On 25 Feb 2001, David Rohleder wrote:
>

> > Hello,

> > is there a chance to use both OSPF for IPv4 and IPv6 with another
> > protocol (as OSPFv3 is not implemented yet)?
>
> Nope. :-( OSPFv3 is not implemented. I plan to implement it.

Sorry, but i don't want OSPFv3, but OSPFv2 for IPv4 and another
protocol for IPv6.

This piece of code is self explaining:

if test "$enable_ipv6" = yes ; then
        ip=ipv6
        if test "$with_protocols" = all ; then
                with_protocols=bgp,pipe,rip,static
        fi
else
        ip=ipv4
        if test "$with_protocols" = all ; then
                with_protocols=bgp,ospf,pipe,rip,static
        fi
fi

but I can't see any reason for this.

Hmmm, when I enable IPv6, then IPv4 is disabled? Why?

David Rohleder						davro at ics.muni.cz
Institute of Computer Science, Masaryk University
Brno, Czech Republic