Large communities indicating RPKI VALID status

Fran fatal at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 30 08:19:03 CEST 2024

Hey there,

 > I'm using bird to gather all prefixes from all routers using
add-paths > so I can easily do searches on my dashboard and graphically
map paths > to destinations and visually see other possible paths that
are not
 > best path.

Interesting, how do you do this?

 > I'm looking into pmacct and Opensearch to see if I can get Netflow/IPFIX
 > data to help with insight into traffic flows (slightly different to
 > visually seeing possible traffic paths). I'm very new to Elasticseach
 > and Opensearch though and would appreciate if anyone has any
 > recommendations of opensource platforms I can use to give me some info
 > from Netflow/IPFIX data I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe take a look at akvorado:

https://github.com/akvorado/akvorado

I know some people using netmeta (it's still on my "to try" list):

https://github.com/monogon-dev/NetMeta

Both use clickhouse as a DB which performs much better than
elastic-/opensearch Java behemoths.

Best,

fran