Current bird via bookworm-backports?

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Fri Apr 26 17:06:09 CEST 2024

Hi Daniel,

That's correct.

I maintain BIRD 2 packages in Debian unstable/testing and stable, and
also our pkg.labs.nic.cz/bird2/ repos

I could also maintain -backports and Ubuntu package and various other
forks but I don't really have cycles to do all that, so I leave that on
the community which is free to backport / reuse Debian packages as
needed. An extra advantage of that is that if I get hit by a bus, it
should be easier to replace me as there will be others familiar with
bird packaging - the show must go on :)

So if you want, please do upload / maintain bird2 in -backports, I'm
sure some users (especially those with restrictions on third-party
repos) will find that useful.

Cheers,
Jakub