Current bird via bookworm-backports?

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Wed Apr 24 14:08:47 CEST 2024

First, thank you all for these emergent mirrors :)

On 4/23/24 20:26, netravnen+birdlist at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 at 14:50, Jakub Ružička<jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz>  wrote:
> A next step could be to add a list at the homepage
> (https://pkg.labs.nic.cz/doc/) of public mirrors on a per-region
> basis. Maybe?
I can do that as we have 3 mirrors already in France, Canada, and
Denmark, yay \o/

I'm thinking about adding a mirror selection that would look like

* OFFICIAL: pkg.labs.nic.cz/bird2/ (🇨🇿 Czech Republic)
* MIRROR: debian.octopuce.fr/bird2/ (🇫🇷 France)
* MIRROR: mirrors.dotsrc.org/bird2/ (🇩🇰 Denmark)
* MIRROR: mirror.quantum5.ca/bird2/ (🇨🇦 Canada)

to https://pkg.labs.nic.cz/doc/?project=bird

and selecting a mirror would reflect in the instructions.

Does that sound good?

If you know about a nice implementation of such selection I could use as
a reference, feel free to share.

Cheers,
Jakub