Package repositories

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Wed May 23 15:54:25 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 3:05 PM Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> We added Debian packages for 1.6.4 to our repository. Sorry for the
> delay. We are updating our infrastructure to have automatic package
> builds in the future. Packages for BIRD 2.0 will likely be released
> with the next release.
>
> We plan to have some transition in packages to keep both 1.6 and 2.0 as
> independent packages in repository without automatic update, similarly to
> how grub->grub2 transition was done in Debian.

​Hi,
I need to rename the FreeBSD port name too because right now we've got:
- net/bird : bird 1.X branch
- net/bird-devel: bird 2.X branch

Do you have an idea for the most appropriate port name ?
- net/bird1 and net/bird2
- Or net/bird-legacy (for 1.X branch) and net/bird (for 2.X branch)
- Or other idea ?

Thanks