Package repositories

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed May 23 14:59:34 CEST 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 09:12:30AM +0200, Jan-Philipp Litza wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> the prebuilt packages under [1] seem to be a bit outdated. While Fedora
> and CentOS at least have 1.6.4 available, Debian only has 1.6.3, and
> there is not a single package for 2.0.

Hi

We added Debian packages for 1.6.4 to our repository. Sorry for the
delay. We are updating our infrastructure to have automatic package
builds in the future. Packages for BIRD 2.0 will likely be released
with the next release.

We plan to have some transition in packages to keep both 1.6 and 2.0 as
independent packages in repository without automatic update, similarly to
how grub->grub2 transition was done in Debian.