BGP Connection reset on fast timers

dave seddon dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:10:16 CEST 2018

Packet 35 shows .13, which is the Bird running on Vmware (sorry about
that), and clearly thinks the hold time expired:

Major error Code: Hold Timer Expired (4)
Minor error Code (Hold Timer Expired): 0

Might be worth trying to run bird debugging to see what else it says.
Have you consider BFD?
Maybe try running different visualization (e.g. KVM), or no visualization.

--
Regards,
Dave Seddon