BIRD - Config Support for RFC 3107 - Carrying Label Information in BGP

Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan TL0041926 at TechMahindra.com
Fri Jun 8 18:03:41 CEST 2018

Hi Ondrej,
Thanks for your reply. What is the recommended linux kernel verison for mpls if BIRD acts as a PE.

We have VM with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.3 (Maipo)
Kernel 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64 on an x86_64

And Bird 2.0.1 version, but it is not working. Can you please confirm whether the environment we have is supporting mpls. If not, what is the recommended kernel version.

Regards,
Thiruvazhiyan L

-----Original Message-----
From: Bird-users [mailto:bird-users-bounces at network.cz] On Behalf Of Ondrej Zajicek
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:16 PM
To: Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan
Cc: bird-users at network.cz
Subject: Re: BIRD - Config Support for RFC 3107 - Carrying Label Information in BGP

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 07:40:26PM +0000, Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
> Thanks for the reply! How about incoming labels coming from 3107 neighbor? Can BIRD program the kernel table with mpls label for next-hop loopback?

Yes, incoming routes with labels received from RFC 3107 neighbor can be
programmed to kernel IP table as routes with MPLS label for next-hop
loopback (for outgoing traffic). Unfortunately, BIRD will not insert
corresponding MPLS routes to kernel MPLS table (for incoming labelled
traffic). Although this is probably not a problem for PE router, where
either penultimate hop popping or static decapsulating MPLS routes can
be used.

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html <http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html <http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within TechMahindra.