Community for small IX - problem with 4B ASN

Piotr Marciniak zboj at mnc.pl
Mon Jan 22 15:10:15 CET 2018

  Please - do not explain me theoretical difference between 16 and 32 bits. Question is simple - can I use 4B communities for filters? If not - what 16bit "fake ASn" I can use instead safely?

> So if you know the difference between 16 and 32 bits, than why you surprised that you can not put 32-bit number into 16-bit entity? :)

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your answer. I am not trying to put 32 bitts in 16 bits. ;-] I asked if it is possible to eable 32-bit communities on Bird and how to do that?

Of course I may try as in example private 65250 (or any other) but before going that way – I was just curious if I may use our own AS205082 to avoid possible confusion of our peers.

If I am right – I need “fake 16-bits ASn” to stay safe and... compatible. ;]

Thank you all for support.

Best wishes,

Peter