BGP connection between two peers

Александра Урошевска aleksuroshevska at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 22:04:26 CEST 2017

After a hard work all day, I install again BIRD and seems to work very well.
Thank you for the advices Anton Danilov, I can't say why didn't work. But,
I can share my previous installation and the current installation, I don't
know either is wrong there somethig or not. On my previous installation the
commands showed no results.

----------------------------------
# sudo su
# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# sudo apt-get install build-essential ,GNU C Compiler (or LLVM Clang) и
GNU Make.
# sudo apt-get install bison, GNU Bison.
# sudo apt-get install m4, GNU M4.
# sudo apt-get install flex, Flex.
# sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev, ncurses library.
# sudo apt-get install libreadline6 libreadline6-dev, GNU Readline library
(2.1 or newer).
# sudo apt-get install linuxdoc-tools, Linuxdoc-Tools.
# sudo apt-get install texlive-full, LaTeX.
# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# apt-get install bird
# git clone git://git.nic.cz/bird.git
# cd bird
# autoreconf
# ./configure
# make
# make install
# invoke-rc.d bird start
# birdc

current installation BIRD
------------------------------------
# sudo su
# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# apt-get install bird
# cd /etc
# cd bird
# cd /proc
# cd sys
# cd net
# cd ipv4
# nano ip_forward
1
# cd etc
# nano sysctl.conf
uncomment for ipv4

That is it.
After that I run this configuration here
<https://ip.engineering/how-to-bird-ospf/> , which I don't need. But just
to test it.
and ...

root at RS:/home/a# service bird start
root at RS:/home/a# birdc
BIRD 1.5.0 ready.
bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
direct1  Direct   master   up     21:55:40
kernel1  Kernel   master   up     21:55:40
device1  Device   master   up     21:55:40
static1  Static   master   up     21:55:40
MyOSPF   OSPF     master   up     21:55:40    Alone
bird> sh route
0.0.0.0/0          via 10.0.2.2 on enp0s3 [kernel1 21:55:40] * (10)
10.0.2.0/24        dev enp0s3 [direct1 21:55:40] * (240)
169.254.0.0/16     dev enp0s3 [kernel1 21:55:40] * (10)
bird>

Thank you again.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Anton Danilov <littlesmilingcloud at gmail.com