BGP AS Path Filter

dave seddon dave.seddon.ca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:25:27 CET 2017

Bgp loop prevention works by never accepting a route with you're own AS in
the path. Therefore if you prepend your route with the AS numbers of the
upstream networks, those networks won't accept the route. However, maybe
your ISP will not accept the route either if the have strict filters (they
probably will accept it), but keep in mind reachability might not work, so
treat carefully.