BGP AS Path Filter

Shurshuka shurshuka at icloud.com
Thu Nov 16 10:40:41 CET 2017

Hello,

I am newbie in Bird & BGP so pardon my question:

I have server and my own AS/IP's (/24).
I get default from my provider.
My provider has a lot of upstreams (different IP transit providers with there own AS).
I want my AS/routes to be announce only from some providers upstreams.
My provider doesn't provide any self-service BGP communities for that.
As I understood, I can do this thing with BGP AS Path Filter (Default is OK for this? Or Full View required?).
What filter I need to use (import/export)?
I tried to use this filter, but it failed:

>         import filter {
>
>                 if (bgp_path ~ [= * IP_TRANSIT_PROVIDER_AS_1 PROVIDER_AS MY_AS =]) || (bgp_path ~ [= * IP_TRANSIT_PROVIDER_AS_2 PROVIDER_AS MY_AS =]) then {
>
>                         accept;
>
>                 } else reject;
>         };

Could you please to answer my questions and to tell in what direction to move on?

Thanks.