bird vs cisco/quagga

Борис Коваленко b.ju.kovalenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:07:05 CET 2017

Ok, Martin. Let speak in general. The topology is very simple:
There is set of "area" routers speaking with "core" router by ospf. Core
router has "supernet" routed to null (ip route X.X.X.X/20 null0) to avoid
forwading loops to unallocated IPs. And it also injects this route into
ospf and bgp with "redistribute static". When route is injected into bgp it
gets some communities for further processing. Core router is speaking to
border router by ospf and bgp. So on border router we get two routes
X.X.X.X/20 ospf E2 type, and X.X.X.X/20 ibgp. OSPF wins, and route can not
be announced to ebgp peers. What do You suggest? Change preference for OSPF
- so we break igp?

This is my knowlegde from cisco/quagga world. And it does not work with
bird. Where is my mistake?

Regards,
Boris

--