OSPF ptmp

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sun Feb 19 23:57:59 CET 2017

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 05:47:16AM +0000, Борис Коваленко wrote:
> Hello, Ondrej!

Hello

> There was something wrong with my previous test. So I did new one.
>
> Answering your questions:
>
> 1) Where interface is broadcast and mode is ptmp - bird does not send
> any packet (checked with tcpdump) but with "debug all" there are
> messages "<TRACE> main_ospf: HELLO packet sent via em0" every tick.

It seems that the message is logged and then HELLO packet is sent for
each neigbhor in a list. If the list is empty, then message is logged but
no packets are sent.

> 2) Yes, if neighbors are configured ptmp works as expected. Without
> neighbors configured it even does not learn neighbors from incoming
> packets.

Do you see incoming HELLO packets in BIRD log?

Do they have matching IP addresses (src/dst)?

Do you seen neighbors in 'show ospf neighbors'?

Don't you have enabled 'strict nbma'?