Administrative distance

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Feb 7 15:27:35 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 10:07:49AM +0500, Михаил Хотько wrote:
> Okay, do u know what means "!" in show routes? We run bird 1.5.0 on busybox
> for routing management, and when I add multipath default route bird marks
> it with "!" and routes doesnt go to kernel.

Hello
Mark "!" means that BIRD failed to push the route into the kernel.
There are several possible reasons for that:

1) There is already a route for that network
2) Kernel is compiled without multipath support
3) Some next hop of the route is not valid

Does it work with unipath next hop on the busybox? Could you create multipath
routes on the device with some other tool (e.g. ip)?