Bird Installation Guide

Pardeep Sharma pardeep.sharma868 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 07:08:27 CET 2017

Hi All,

We are purposing L3 IXP design to one of our customer as below, where all
ISP routers will have one eBGP peering with Quagga/Bird Route-Server.  As
we are new in IXPs design so would like to take your suggestions if you
have and we have some queries below. Please respond, It would be helpful
for us and your help will be appreciated.

Queries;

1. Do we need to run separate quagga/bird instance for each ISP peering or
only single instance would work?
2. Where we will perform the route filtering on Route-Server only?
3. Does Quagga/Bird route-server support Outbond route-filtering? Please
share with us any link.
4. How we will link-up route-server with IXP Manager?

I got a lot of help from you folks and I am very thankful for that. Please
support us here.
Thanks..

Design>>>>>>

If you have any queries, please let us know.

[image: Inline images 1]

--
Thanks & Regards
Pardeep