birdc 2.0.0 crashes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Dec 14 14:18:32 CET 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:56:49PM +0100, Clemens Schrimpe wrote:
> >> Yes, works fine. And it also appears to be read when I restart birdc, because now I can crash it with ^P or ↑ without having typed a command before.
> >> (strace confirmed: .birdc_history is read successfully)
> >
> > You can try attached patch (disables reading of history).
>
> ... to no avail ... still crashes the same way.

> > You can also try to build BIRD 1.6.3 in the same way like 2.0.0 and see
> > if it by chance does not express the same problem.
>
> No, it doesn't (I built the 2.0.0 the same way as the 1.6.3 - and all the others).

Hi

What is output of ldd birdc for 1.6.3?

I guess that the problem is not related to BIRD code itself but to the
change in libraries, as we changed the order of detected libraries.

Could you try to build and test GIT master branch (which is 1.6.x, but
also with these changes as in 2.0)? Perhaps there is some problem with
combination of libhistory and libtinfo on your setup, while libhistory
and libncurses works fine.