BIRD BGP and VRF - Cannot assign requested address

Clément Guivy clement at guivy.fr
Wed Aug 9 00:44:42 CEST 2017

On 08/08/2017 22:52, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 05:03:00PM +0200, Clément Guivy wrote:
>> On 06/08/2017 12:27, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
>>> The difference is that such bug affect only outgoing connnections, not
>>> incoming connections. In your IBGP case, both routers are affected by the
>>> bug, so no connection is possible. In your EBGP case, incoming
>>> connections are from hardware routers not affected by the bug.
>>
>> ok, that makes sense.
>
> I got confirmed from David Ahern that kernel patch fixing the behavior
> for sockets bound to VRF-enslaved devices was just released yesterday:

Great, I had seen the start of that patch proposal and initial refusal
but didn't catch the follow-up. Thanks.

> But if your interfaces are created in fixed order during boot, then they
> will be enumerated in fixed order and you get selected the same iface.

By chance do you know how I can determine whether or not my interfaces
are created in fixed order at boot? If that matters they are all simply
configured in the interfaces files, except the vrf one which is created
using a @reboot crontab.