Unable to connect to server control socket (/run/bird/bird.ctl): No such file or directory

Janvier Rwakagabo janvier.r at ricta.org.rw
Thu Aug 3 12:40:44 CEST 2017

Hi all

Need your help,

I have installed properly bird,

Edit bird.conf file with my configuration, then when I restart the service bird it give this error

#/etc/init.d/bird restart

stop: Unknown instance:

start: Job failed to start

by typing   #birdc   it give below error

#birdc

Unable to connect to server control socket (/run/bird/bird.ctl): No such file or directory

I checked under /run/bird/ folder there is no bird.ctl  only bird6.ctl is present

I deleted bird.conf and restaured default bird.conf the issue was solved, by editing again bird.conf and restarting the service, bird.ctl is droped again.

Can anyone assist me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Regards,

Janvier R.