Version 1.6.1

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Sep 22 18:34:18 CEST 2016

Christian Tacke <Christian.Tacke+bird.network.cz at cosmokey.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 13:52:20 +0200, Ondrej Filip wrote:
>> Dear users,
>> a new version of the 1.6.x branch is out:
>>
>> Version 1.6.1 (2016-09-22)
>
> Cool!
>
> [...]
>>   o Several updates and fixes in Babel protocol
> [...]
>
> The docs claim babel in bird to be "alpha". Is that still true?

Would say so. There are no known bugs, but it lacks some features; the
most obvious one being that it only speaks IPv6 (because Bird lacks
dual-stack support).

Feel free to take it for a spin and report any bugs you find, though! :)

> BTW: Does babel have some authentication?

Nope. The IETF working group has only just been formed a couple of
months ago, and so there's not a consensus on what form any security
features of Babel would take. Once we get around to discussing the
security features I'll start thinking about implementing it, but until
then, no auth...

-Toke