bird 1.6.2 rpm

Alex Dodson alex.dodson at aarnet.edu.au
Tue Oct 18 02:11:29 CEST 2016

Hello,

We are using bird on RHEL7. When trying to update from the rpm we get the following errors.

Failed to check for updates with the following error message:

Failed to build transaction: bird-1.6.2-1.x86_64 requires libncurses.so.6()(64bit)

bird-1.6.2-1.x86_64 requires libtinfo.so.6()(64bit)

Is there a specific reason to build against the more modern non baseline version of ncurses for RHEL7 or am I fine to rebuild this and deploy it with it built against ncurses 5.9 which is included with RHEL7?

Thanks for your assistance.

Alex