Minimalist BGP Anycast Lab Built from VMs?

Jan Matejka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Mon Oct 3 09:32:28 CEST 2016

Hi!

For testing, consider using Linux network namespaces. It is much more
lightweight than complete virtualization through virtualbox. On my
laptop, I'm able to use more than 100 namespaces, which means more than
100 distinct pseudovirtual machines sharing everything but network.

http://blog.scottlowe.org/2013/09/04/introducing-linux-network-namespaces/

OTOH, the memory consumed by 100 Bird instances is still consumed, you
just save the memory and power for running more instances of operating
system.

MQ