Minimalist BGP Anycast Lab Built from VMs?

Traiano Welcome traiano at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 21:16:11 CEST 2016

Hi List

What is the simplest BGP anycast lab I can set up using Linux VMs running
on virtualbox?

I'm trying to build the minimum virtual lab to test an Anycast
configuration based on BGP.  I have enough computing power to run about 4
linux VMs on Virtualbox on a single laptop.  I'm using BIRD as a route
server (not Quagga, not Zebra) on Linux. Is this even viable?

I'd appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences/configurations,
diagrams if they've set up a similar lab.

Thanks in advance,

Traiano