BIRD 1.6.2 removes IPv6 kernel routes

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Mon Nov 14 17:20:25 CET 2016

On 13.11.2016 20:59, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> The problem is likely caused by first exporting OSPF route to kernel and
> then removing it, but Linux removes both route from BIRD and its own (it
> ignores protocol attribute, while in IPv4 it obeys the attribute).
>
> The solution is to specify kernel metric using kernel protocol option
> 'metric' to some value (different than 0 (unspecified) or 256 (kernel
> route)). If you set it to lower value than 256, then your routes got
> precendence to kernel routes.

That did the trick, thanks.

I added a "metric 20" to the kernel protocol and now I can ifdown and
ifup without issue.

I was confused because the IPv4 counterpart does not have this behaviour.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,