Bug: mrtdump file descriptor remains open after reload

yanosz bird at yanosz.net
Wed Mar 23 18:34:42 CET 2016

Hei folks,

I tried to rotate my mrtdump-files by reloading the configuration.
Procedure:

1. Configuration file: mrtdump "/tmp/mrtdump.0";
2. Start bird
3. Change configuration to mrtdump "/tmp/mrtdump.1";
4. Open birdc6 - execute: configure /etc/bird/bird6.conf

Result: Two file descriptors are open:
# lsof | grep mrtdump
bird6     28752            bird    7w      REG              254,1
9616     262557 /tmp/mrtdump.0
bird6     28752            bird   60w      REG              254,1
 0     266602 /tmp/mrtdump.1

Looking at the source, I don't see any call to fclose, that could have
been triggered.

Greetz, yanosz