Multiple Radv Protocols?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Mar 21 23:05:09 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 07:42:08PM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 01:15:08AM +0100, Matthias Peter Walther wrote:
> > Another way might be to user the interface block multiple times in one
> > radv protocol which is indeed possible. But how can I announce different
> > dns servers for the different interfaces (like in the example above)?
>
> According to the documentation you can put rdnss block inside the
> interface definition and then use "rdnss local yes" interface parameter
> to use only the rdnss block inside this interface definition.
> (Which is what I should have probably done in the config below)

You are right, both variants (separate radv protocols or rdnns blocks
inside interface blocks) should work. Also note that 'rdnss local' option
only says that protocol-wide rdnss block should not be used for that
interface. If you have only interface-specific rdnss blocks, that option
is not necessary (interface-specific blocks are used always).