bird-1.5.0 ipv4 segfaults on configure - is it safe to change bgp protocol names runtime?

Bartosz Radwan b.radwan at citypartner.pl
Fri Mar 18 11:44:24 CET 2016

On 18.03.2016 11:05, Jan Matejka wrote:
> I'm unable to reproduce it at fresh built bird-1.5.0 from Git. But I
> don't have any traffic at the BGP and the segfault may come from it (we
> know about another issue which may be related). Maybe … does it occur
> even if you just restart the BGP protocol from birdc?

This happens even without Established bgp session at all - configured
session is enough.
Seems like removing or adding protocol possibli with the same settings
and just different name is problem here.

I'll keep investigating and let the list know when find out anything new.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?