BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) support in Bird?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Jun 28 17:21:19 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am wondering if somebody is working on BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)
support in Bird?  Note that I'm just asking, I'm not requesting our
beloved Bird developers to add this feature with a deadline set to
yesterday :)
I might try to implement it if nobody else already did.

Basically, this is just a way to export BGP data over a TCP connection:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7854

This looks like a useful alternative to dumping to mrtdump files, there
are already several free software clients:

  https://code.google.com/archive/p/bmpreceiver/
  http://www.openbmp.org/#!index.md

Baptiste