Bird and RIP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jan 5 17:53:21 CET 2016

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 01:56:01PM +0300, Anton Kiryushkin wrote:
> What about metric for each virtual interface? I mean ve1 has metric 5, and
> ve2 has metric 2 ? How to export this setting? As I wrote before, from
> another side I saw metric from physical interface. My config is:

Hi

Metrics in RIP are generally understood as in-metric (increased by
receiver). Therefore, 'metric' option for an interface specifies an
increase of metrics for routes received through that interface. It does
not influence routes originated by the router itself, like locally
reachable prefixes. You have to modify rip_metric in the export filter.