Re: Bird as an MPLS RR

Jan Matejka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Wed Feb 17 11:02:10 CET 2016

Hi Matjaž,

we're currently working on VPN address support in Bird's supported protocols, as well as MPLS routing. We partially reuse Alexander's code with lots of thanks for it.

Due to the nature of those changes, it's virtually impossible to implement it in the 1.x branch but the 2.0 version is near. Basic VPN support should be available in the first or second release of the integrated (2.0) branch.

Anyway, our testing cluster is quite small so at least the first releases should be taken with care and patience.

Thank you for your reminder.
BR
Moskyto