integration with Fastnetmon

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:50:31 CET 2016

Hi!

Thanks for interest!

One year ago I investigated ability to add Bird integration to
FastNetMon. But actually Bird haven't API which could be used for
reliable integration with FastNetMon.

ExaBGP and GoBGP has API which could be integrated without so much
pain into C++ application (FastNetMon).

But actually FastNetMon's most powerful feature is a BGP Flow Spec and
ExaBGP / GoBGP has complete support for RFC 5575. Bird actually
haven't this feature and I do not know about any time estimations
about it.

So that's why I could recommend only manual integration with BIRD cli
and notify_script option in FastNetMon.

Finally, we also have awesome community which could be achieved at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fastnetmon or with IRC at
irc.freenode.net #fastnetmon

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov