Upgrade to 1.6.3

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Dec 30 13:15:34 CET 2016

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 12:27:13PM +0100, Michal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to upgrade my bird instance from v1.6.0 to v1.6.3 today.
> Unfortunately immediately after start the bird started generating these
> messages
> ..
> I can see the warning log line was added at Dec 20 2016, which ended up in
> 1.6.3 release. Hence this was happening probably even before the upgrade,
> but it was not visible.

Hi

That is true. We fixed a race condition leading to infinite loops and
added this warning. But the issue triggering the warning was here even
in older versions, just silent.

> So the question is simple. Does it means there is something terribly wrong
> with my machine, or the high rate of this warning is expected?

We are not sure what causes such high rate of warnings on some machines.
Do you use something that could cause significant netlink traffic, e.g.
conntrackd or ulogd?