Generate Defaul Route

Anton Danilov littlesmilingcloud at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:58:52 CEST 2016

 Hello.

I'm not sure about correct understanding of your setup, but..
You can use this workaround:

1. Create the different static protocol with the default route:

---
  table other;

  protocol static other_default {
    table other;
    route 0.0.0.0/0 reject;
  }
---

2. Export this default route to ospf protocol with filter by route source.

---
  filter export_to_my_ospf {
    ...skipped...
    if (proto = "other_default") then {
      ospf_metric1 = 20;
      accept;
    }
    ...skipped...
  }

  protocol ospf my_ospf {
    ...skipped...
    table other;
    export filter export_to_my_ospf;
    ...skipped...
  }
---

3. You can prevent the installation of this default route into the kernel
table with other filter.

---
  filter export_to_kernel {
    ...skipped...
    if ( proto = "other_default" ) then {
      reject;
    }
    ...skipped...
  }

  protocol kernel my_kern {
    table other;
    kernel table 100;
    ...skipped...
    export filter export_to_kernel;
    ...skipped...
  }
---

4. Note the difference between bird routing tables and system kernel tables.