Patch for IPv6 ECMP support?

Arno Töll arno.toell+bird at profitbricks.com
Thu Aug 18 18:39:24 CEST 2016

Hi Neil,

you are correct. You need this patch on top of BIRD 1.6 to have
working ECMP for IPv6. This patch is not currently merged, and we did
not get any feedback on it so far or an estimate when this will
happen. As you see, it's been a few months that it lies around here,
so I am not sure this is ever going to happen.
If you intend to apply this patch yourself, I'd recommend to use
version 2 at least
(http://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2016-February/010239.html),
as it includes some fixes.

Having that said, I am aware of at least another issue related to the
route scan after an ECMP export, which we fixed internally in v3. In
lack of interest, we did not bother to send it upstream so far.
However, I will ask Mikhail to send it tomorrow, or I will do, so that
other interested folks can at least find it on the list.

Greetings,
Arno