Question regarding interaction between custom protocols and OSPF tables

Adam Schultz aschultz at talari.com
Wed Nov 11 18:13:06 CET 2015

Is it possible to advertise routes from a custom protocol via OSPF as an internal route type instead of external-1 or external-2?

The use case is an application that does not use the kernel routing table and needs to inject routes into OSPF. To do this, I'm experimenting with a custom protocol that communicates with the application and imports the routes for me. Unfortunately, since the routes in the common table appear to come from my protocol instead of OSPF, they're exported as external which distinctly not the desired behavior.

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide,
Adam